Building a feature to improve field service technician
Zinier Web Platform
UX and UI
As a Dispatcher / Web user who managing technicians. They want to be able to communicate with their team in the field quick and easy.
In the daily life cycle of field technician. Dispatcher using third party chat app such as Whatsapp or Facebook Messager to communicate, sending files, and task approval.
TECHNICIAN USING FACEBOOK MESSAGER FOR COMMUNICATION WITH DISPATCHER
Key Take Out
- Cost effective.
- Easy to use and widely accepted.
- User doesn’t have internal chat system that is reliable.
- Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger have desktop app that would help dispatcher communicate directly from their computer.
- There is no automation and integration with the scheduling system make it difficult for dispatcher to resolve an issue.
- Sometimes conversations is difficult to track when there is multiple topic inside one group.
- It’s difficult to know technician details and task when working on large project.
- Dispatcher need to add manually every new technician in the field.
Internal mobile and desktop chat system that have integration with the Zinier system. With this chat feature, dispatcher could easily see the technician group, their assigned task or project and job desk.
Design Desktop Chat module
The chat box could be minimize and move around the screen. Less distraction.
Dispatcher doesn’t need to add technician manually. All available technician is integrated automatically.